Oatmeal-Chocolate Chunk-Raisins Cookies
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chunk-Raisins Cookies with my steaming cup of evening tea. Perfect. The hint of cinnamon.. the aromatic vanilla.. the ooey-gooey bitter-sweet chocolate... combines into that perfect mouthful of crunchiness. The oatmeal factor sends healthy messages to my brain and makes me feel less guilty whenever I find myself munching on them at all hours during the day.
What I needed:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate bar (I used Ghirardelli - 4oz) roughly chopped
How I made them:
- Preheated the oven to 350 degrees F with the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Lined a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisked the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
- Beat the the butter and both brown sugar and granulated sugar together for about a minute till the mix is light and fluffy in a different bowl
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth
- Gradually added in the flour mixture in batches
- Added the oats, raisins and then the chocolate chunks (I roughly chopped the chocolate bars.. getting about 3 pieces out of each square)
- Mixed till the ingredients were just incorporated.. the dough will be stiff
- Used an icecream scoop and scooped out about 12 slightly rounded balls of cookie dough
- Spaced out the cookie dough about 2 inches apart and using the back of a spoon flattened the tops a little
- Baked for about 12-14minutes till the cookies were lightly golden around the edges
- Cooled the cookies and served
These stayed fresh in an airtight container for about 4 days.