Or, Paneer Bhurji. I will make something like this when there is just veggies in the fridge and it pairs up perfectly with rice or chapati. I always have a slab of paneer(cottage cheese) in the freezer. I remember, about 2 years back, when I had just come back to US after spending 2 years in Kolkata, I used to open the fridge and stare. I could not think of anything to make. That 2 years had spoilt me rotten. We had a cook plus two other maids, and my son had a nanny and my parents-in-law took care of everything household related. I basically had to re-learn everything. Easy recipes like this absolutely positively saved the day. My three-year-old loves to eat this.
What I needed:
What I needed:
- 1/2 Cup cubed carrots
- 1/2 Cup Green Beans - chopped.
- 1/2 Cup cubed green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- I/4 Cup cubed or crumbled cottage cheese (you can use more)
- 1/4 Cup cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup corn
- 1tbs oil. I used olive oil, you can use oil of your choice.
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2C
- Added olive oil to pan and turned on the heat.
- Added the paneer to it and let it cook it turned a little golden brown, stirring often
- To it added rest of the veggies and tossed everything together
- Seasoned with salt and pepper and sprinkled the chopped cilantro.
- Added enough water to cover the veggies and cooked till done.