Know Your Blogger : Jayati's Spring Baby Corn
As a part of Know Your Food Blogger event hosted by Kolkata Food Bloggers , this week we are recreating one of Jayati's dishes. She is one of the newer joinees (not new in the blogosphere) and we hope that she is enjoying herself as much as we are! I sure enjoyed myself recreating this super easy dish which can be served as appetizer or an anytime snack. Find the original recipe here.
- Baby corn - 15 pieces, cut lengthwise
- Egg - 1, at room temperature
- Capsicum - 1 small, chopped
- Cornflour - 2 tsp
- Onion - 2 , sliced
- Garlic - 6 cloves, chopped
- Green chili - 3, chopped
- Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Spring Onion for garnishing
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, egg, salt & pepper and cornflour and marinate the baby corn for 20minutes. Make sure that the marinade coats the baby corn nicely.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it. Once the oil is hot, add the marinated baby corn and fry till both sides turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- To the remaining oil add chopped garlic, chopped chilies, chopped capsicum and sliced onions. Fry well.
- Now add the fried baby corn back to the pan, mix well and it is ready to be served.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions if you wish.