This is an old post that I forgot to publish. Crime! I know! And I also know that I had been making one to many recipes using blueberries. If you have been reading my posts you will know that we went blueberry picking during summer and came back with loads of juicy, sweet blueberries. There is something absolutely irresistible about these grayish blue super-food! Blueberry season is almost over now but frozen blueberries can be used in this recipe. There is something about this soft, subtly tangy loaf that will leave you craving for more. I am so glad that this can be made with frozen blueberries as well!
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup + 2 tbsp (and a little extra to coat the blueberries in and flour the pan)
- Baking Powder - 3/4 tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 Cup
- Cream Cheese - 4 oz or 1/2 Cup, at room temperature
- Butter - 1/2 Cup or 1 stick, at room temperature
- Eggs - 2 large, at room temperature
- Vanilla Extract - 3/4 tsp
- Lemon Zest - half of one large lemon
- Fresh or Frozen Blueberries - 3/4 Cup
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your loaf with butter and dust it with flour. Shake off the excess flour and set it aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract till creamy and smooth. Now add the eggs one by one and mix well. Throw in the lemon zest and fold it in.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold in gently until just incorporated. Dredge the blueberries in the extra flour and add it to the batter. Once again, fold it in gently. Pour the batter into the prepped loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.