Yeah, okay. I make spinach pesto quite so often and bore the family with variety of dishes using it. I love the burst of flavors that brightens up any dish. The 5 year old loves shrimp. And anything noodle-y. So this dish got gobbled up with no protest and in almost no time.
- Linguine - 250 gms (about 8 oz) (or pasta of your choice)
- Shrimp - 14 or 15, medium sized, cleaned and deveined
- Spinach Pesto - 1/2 Cup (find recipe here)
- Reserved Pasta Water - 1/3 Cup
- Butter - 1/2 tbsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp, freshly cracked
- Crushed Red Pepper - a fat pinch (or more)
- Salt to taste
- A squeeze of lemon juice
Cook the pasta according to package instruction. I always prefer cooking the pasta at least a minute less than what is mentioned on the package, as pasta continues cooking once added to sauce. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Heat the butter in a pan, and fry the shrimps in it till they turn pink on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Add half cup of Spinach Pesto and 1/3 Cup of the reserved pasta water immediately. Cook for a minute. Add the drained pasta to the Spinach-Pesto-Shrimp sauce and toss to coat. A quick squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of crushed red pepper will enhance the flavor.