Scrambled Egg Muffins - Lunchbox ideas
Ingredients: (Yield about 8)
- Eggs - 6 large, at room temperature
- Ham - 1/2 Cup (I used deli meat cut into small cubes, you can use shredded chicken, cooked bacon or cooked sausage bit or skip altogether)
- Onions - 1/2 Cup, finely chopped
- Carrots - 3/4 Cup, shredded
- Green Bell Pepper - 1/2 Cup, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 packed tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Crushed red pepper - to taste (optional)
- Oil - 2 tsp
Heat oil in a skillet and fry the onions and bell pepper till the onions turn translucent. Throw in the chopped ham, carrots, cilantro and season with salt and pepper and crushed pepper (if using). I skipped the salt as the ham was salted plus there would be salt in the eggs.
Cook for few minutes and keep aside.
In a large measuring cup, whisk 6 eggs along with salt and pepper. You can do it in a bowl, but I find it easier to pour directly into the muffin tin.
Add a tablespoonful of the ham-veggie mix to each of the cups. There will be some left over. I will just toss the leftover with some cooked pasta and it will become lunch or dinner the next day. Pour the whisked egg into each cup till the 2/3rd mark. Bake at 375 F for 15-17 minutes. If you prefer, you can sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. Also, you can use any vegetables or corn you want to!
Serve warm or at room temperature. You can refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days in an airtight container.