The ingredient of the Month (April) is Kickass Quinoa - a superfood in its own right.
These are outrageously filling. I could not eat more than 2. Dinner went super-quick. Only catch is these have to be served hot and eaten while it is still warm to enjoy the ooey-gooey cheesy filling.
Ingredients: (Yield - about 6)
- Grated Carrots - 1/2 Cup
- Grated steamed or blanched Broccoli - 1 Cup
- Garlic - 2 fat cloves, minced
- Onion - 1/3 Cup, white and finely chopped
- Cilantro - 1/4 Cup, finely chopped and packed
- Quinoa - 1 Cup, cooked (recipe here)
- Cumin - 1 tsp, powdered
- Panko Breadcrumb - 1/2 Cup plus couple of tbsp. for coating
- Egg - 1
- String Cheese - 1, cut into 6 equal pieces
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and brush oil on it.
Mix all ingredients except the egg, string cheese and extra panko breadcrumbs (for coating) together.
Adjust seasoning and whisk in the egg.
No scoop out couple spoonful of the mixture, place a piece of string cheese in the middle and shape into round balls. Add more panko crumbs, if required.
Roll the shaped balls in the extra panko crumbs. Arrange on the prepped cookie sheet and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Turn once at the half way mark.