This is the last recipe of the Kickass Quinoa series. Coming up with the recipes made me fall in love with this versatile power seed all over again and I will continue to experiment with quinoa and
Ingredients: (Yield about 20)
- Cooked Quinoa - 1 1/2 Cups (recipe here)
- Garbanzo beans/Chickpeas - 1 Cup cooked or 1 15oz can, drained and rinsed
- Parsley - 1/2 Cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Onions (or green onions) - 4 tbsp., finely chopped
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp (add red chili flakes if you want some heat)
- Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Almond Butter - 2 tbsp. (you can use tahini paste, of course)
- Juice of a whole lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450F. Spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray or brush it generously with oil. Set aside.
Using your food processor, make a paste of the garbanzo beans/chickpeas, parsley, garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika, chili flakes or chili powder (if using), salt, freshly cracked pepper, almond butter, oil and lemon juice.
Now in a largish bowl, mix together the garbanzo beans paste, cooked quinoa and chopped onions. Scoop out the mixture and shape into balls or patties. Spread out on the prepped cookie sheet.
Bake for about 25 minutes till the balls turn golden brown. Flip the balls or patties halfway through - at abut the 12-minute mark.