The ingredient of the Month (April) is Kickass Quinoa - a superfood in its own right.
Instead of your bowl of oatmeal in the morning, try this. This does require a little prep work but the best part is that you can make a batch of quinoa on Sunday and use it throughout the week. Cooking quinoa is just as easy.
Ingredients: 2 small servings
- Cooked Quinoa - 1 Cup (recipe here)
- Milk - 1 Cup (I used almond milk)
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Raisins - 1 or 2 tbsp., depending on your preference
- Chopped nuts of your choice (optional, I used almonds)
- Honey - for drizzling (optional)
Bring a cup of milk to simmer along with the cinnamon powder and raisins. Throw in the cooked quinoa to it. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and let the quinoa cook in the milk till it reaches your preferred consistency. Stir from time to time. Take it off heat, once done.
Transfer to a bowl. Add a handful of chopped nuts to it. Drizzle some honey if you want to. I did not - the sweetness from the raisins did the trick for me! Enjoy!