Tabbouleh (variations: tabouleh or tab(b)ouli) originates from the eastern Mediterranean region and is traditionally made with bulgur (made from groats of wheat), parsley, mint, tomatoes, lemon juice and salt.
I substituted bulgur with quinoa and adjusted the ingredients according to our taste.
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- Cooked Quinoa - 1 Cup (learn how to cook quinoa here)
- Cucumber - 1/4 Cup, chopped
- Tomato - 1/4 Cup, about one small tomato, seeded and chopped
- Onions - 3 tbsp, finely chopped (Add green onions if you have some, about 2 tbsp and reduce onions to 1 tbsp)
- Fresh Parsley - 1/4 packed Cup, finely chopped
- Fresh Mint - 4 or 5 leaves, roughly chopped
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- A drizzle of good quality olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Recipe Inspiration: here